Portable Staging for a theatrical production is an easy way to set design at a reasonable price. The racks are used to make drywall rooms on stage or to provide context for a multidimensional aspect. The stage’s racks can be used again and again and again to be painted another play or musical you’re presenting.
Step by step guide
- Decide the height of the stage that you want to make. Standard sizes include 4×8, 4×11 or 4×16. The 4×8 dimensions are most versatile and easy to move. Make larger racks for bigger stages.
- Make the frame with pine boards 1 x 3 inches laid flat on the right dimensions. The lever support, or medium, should be placed at mid-height of the frame.
- Corner blocks and keys to safe the sides and center. These parts are ensuring an inch (2.5 cm) of the outer sides of the frame.
- Extends unbleached muslin on the frame and secure it with nails or staples. Smoothed using a roller method before securing to prevent fraying of the fabric. If you use a rigid frame, nailing plywood cut in front of it in the proper dimensions.
- Fixed hinges if you want to racks that fold into two or three parts. Fixed three hinges with removable pin on each side. This will allow the frames remain standing freely, not including extra assistance. Take off the pins to stack easily.
- Watery glue or paint used to adjust the muslin and it is a surface that can be painted. Brush the entire surface of the muslin and let it dry. Applying a second layer, if necessary, to get the perfect floor appearance.
- Paint the racks following production specifications. Use water-based paints to make cleaning easier. The frames can be painted several times for the next show.
- Build racks in a large place so you’re able to have several on the ground at the same time.
- Ensure all joints and muslin are correctly fixed before putting the Portable stage upright.
Watch this video
Best Price Comparison Resource
Comparestaging is the one of the best price comparison resource in United Kingdom for portable staging equipment and also provide custom staging solutions for a multitude of industries and uses. Compare prices of portable and lightweight staging, drum risers, stage risers and other high-quality modular staging products at Comparestaging.co.uk
Visit website: www.comparestaging.co.uk
Call for further inquiries: 0845 838 7572